Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Barbizon USA Student Wins Scholarship to Competition


Barbizon USA is excited to announce that Nashville student, Caroline Johnston, has been awarded a full scholarship to the Annual Barbizon Competition. Check out her award winning essay!

Essay Contest Submission by Caroline Johnston:

Before Barbizon, I was a shy and nervous girl. My lack of confidence kept me from meeting new people. I was always self- conscious about how tall I was. I thought that maybe Barbizon could help me with all my worries, and it did! After every class, all I wanted to do was go right back so I could learn more! My instructors were so nice and supportive of everything I did. Their constructive criticism really helped me to improve my future modeling and acting career. On top of that, I learned great etiquette skills like how to set a table and phone manners. Because of Barbizon, I have really grown as a young woman. What I have learned at Barbizon will stay with me forever. I can’t thank Barbizon enough for giving me the tools I need to be successful in life!